Assistant Editor - Emotion Press Bachelor's Degree Job3 weeks ago - Graphics Design / Video Editing / Animation - Ibadan - 450 views
- The Editorial Assistant is responsible for supporting the editorial processes of the company’s titles.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the review process for all manuscripts submitted to assigned titles against a very particular checklist generated by the client
- Maintain editorial process guidelines and style guides
- Track submissions through the editorial process
- Respond to author inquiries via e-mail in a timely manner
- Check proofs and web files; ensuring that graphic figures and tables meet publication requirements.
- Liaise with editors and represent the company in a professional manner
- Work under deadline to ensure timely publication of materials
- Work closely with the Managing Editor or Client Manager to develop a working knowledge of all editorial processes.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and clients
- Tracks all billable client hours and reports on a semi-monthly basis
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-2 years book editing/writing experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and thoroughness a must
- Team-oriented attitude
- Motivated self-starter
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.