Assistant Director, Student Life Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 months ago - Other categories - Bakersfield - 116 views
Under the direction of the Director, Student Life, the Assistant Director will direct and coordinate the activities of the Student Life department.
The Assistant Director will assist with co-curricular programming and services within the Campus Center along with student transition, training, campus programing, orientation, as well as meeting regularly with key student positions. Involvement responsibilities include overseeing the Student Organization registration process including policy development, risk management, and student organization training and development. Programs and co-curricular involvement opportunities that are designed with an equity and inclusion lens and marketed to appeal to a diverse and commuter student population. This position also serves to advise the parts of the Bakersfield College Student Government Association (BCSGA) and to provide student involvement opportunities through on-campus co-curricular programs and services. Administrative functions include budget management, risk management, and a strong emphasis on assessment of program initiatives and student learning outcomes. Through the intentional use of student development theory and leadership models, this position works to enhance a growing sense of community by fostering students' awareness and appreciation for involvement in co-curricular activities and experiences focused on personal growth and development. Ability to work evenings and weekends required.
- Coordinate advisement, registration, promotion, and support of over 50 diverse student organizations; develop guidelines and training for student groups and advisors; and manage all applicable leadership software for student organizations and advisors.
- Evaluate and recommend policies and procedures for student organizations
- Design and implement leadership development and procedural training programs for registered student organization
- Promote service projects and activities to all student organizations, and track participation
- Facilitate external and internal relationship between and among student organizations, and internal and external communities
- Provides oversight over all Recreation, Intramurals and Club Sports through programming, Risk Management and amenities management.
- Provide oversight or implement the use of social media or emerging technology to publicize student events and enhance student engagement
- Responsible for the production and distribution of student handbook and other student related materials
- Supervise printed promotional material for BCSGA, including but not limited to activity calendars, posters, and publications.
- Represent the Office of Student Life in a variety of forums on- and off-campus; attend, conduct, or participate in a variety of meetings as assigned
- Researches current trends and best practices for the delivery of student leadership, cocurricular and social activities, supporting the mission of the college.
- Responsible for the daily management of the Student Leadership Center, including hiring, training, and staffing of both students and contract professionals
- Provide strategic oversight, supervision and guidance to professionals in the Office of Student Life, supporting the collective mission.
- Provide effective supervision both directly and indirectly student staff
- Develop an annual operating budget and ensure that the college resources are utilized efficiently, ethically, and effectively. Monitor and maintain budgetary controls and accountability.
- Actively support the college's recruitment and retention efforts
- Exercise judgment and independent initiative; handle time-sensitive matters that require concise problem solving and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Serve on college participatory committees as assigned; attend all applicable training sessions.
- In absence of the Director, act as the building manager for the Campus Center and all its programs, services, and operations.
- Assist the Director for Student Life with the supervision of student employees by recommending personnel decisions
- Assist the Director of Student Life with all departmental or divisional strategic planning, goal setting, data collection, and assessment as needed throughout the academic year
- Assist in all aspects of office operations, including contributions to strategic planning and assessment efforts.
- Perform other duties as needed and related to the functions of the Office of Student Life
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in the Student Affairs and Higher Education or related field
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience in a college student services program in which the applicant dealt predominantly with student leadership, campus event management, co-curricular programming, publications and social media, student organization development, and student government.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
- Master’s in College Student Personnel or Master’s Student Affairs and Higher Education or related field.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.