Assistant Director, Communications Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Brooklyn - 196 views
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Director of Communications.
The Assistant Director of Communications for NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn and Brooklyn Borough is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic media relations, internal communications, and related programs for NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Borough, including, but not limited to:
-key institutional areas
-key clinical areas
-research and other activities as they pertain to these clinical areas
-specific strategic institutional initiatives
Reporting to the Senior Director for Media Relations-Health, Clinical and Research (Senior Director for Media Relations), the incumbent will serve as the principal, on-site point person to effectively develop and execute strategic public relations programs in support of NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Borough, and to align these efforts with the parent company's global mission and vision to be a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center by highlighting key institutional achievements, as well as key clinical and health activities of the institution. The incumbent also will work closely with the Senior Director of Institutional Communications and the Institutional Communications team, as needed, on specific assignments related to institutional communications.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic, proactive communications strategies to promote the institutional and clinical excellence of NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn and services provided throughout the borough of Brooklyn (including the ongoing expansion of NYU Langone Health System), specifically as they pertain to NYU Langone Healths institutional priorities
- Manage and expand relationships with key local, national and international health, business and consumer reporters across all channels of media
- Serve as key contact for national and local media outlets and fulfill incoming media requests for experts
- Serve as a lead point person for key internal communication activities with support from Assistant Director, Internal Communications, NYU Langone Health
- Identify and create pitch topics/experts for news stories and draft and disseminate press releases as appropriate
- Organize and staff media on interviews/filming on-site as necessary
- Manage all crisis-related media activities 24/7 with backup support from the designated on-call media staff at NYU Langone Health
- As needed, serve as spokesperson for the organization and Brooklyn Borough
- Conduct media training for physicians, faculty and staff in advance of interviews, including development of talking points, Q&As and practice interviews
- Oversee internal approval processes for all PR materials
- Work closely with clinical partners as well as Communications and Marketing colleagues (marketing/advertising, publications, internal communications, Digital and Web Communications, etc.) on top of business priorities, to ensure alignment of communication priorities and messages
- Assist in triaging and handling media calls (separate from crisis situations) after normal business hours with designated on-call media staff, as necessary
- Prepare reports and maintain documentation regarding public relations activities consistent with Office policy and procedures (e.g., daily media report, etc.)
- Manage NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn specific public relations budget
- Other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree in journalism, public relations or communications, or a related field;
7-10 years of agency, non-profit or corporate public relations experience, or equivalent experience in a related field;
Proven track record of success in public relations; media relations management preferred;
Demonstrated knowledge of the local and national public relations landscape required;
Ability to identify news worthiness of issues and gauge appropriateness of topics for coverage in specific media outlets;
Knowledge of various public relations tools and techniques;
Proven experience in handling crisis communications and issues management
Excellent writing and editing skills a must.
Healthcare experience a plus; Creative self-starter; proactive; able to juggle multiple projects and follow through to completion; a problem-solver; Strong oral and interpersonal communications skills; Deadline oriented; Ability to develop effective messages aligned with the goals of the organization; Ability to exercise excellent judgment; Professional presence and demeanor
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit (please use the apply button below) for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient locations:
Tisch Hospital, its acute-care facility
Kimmel Pavilion, its newly opened, state-of-the-art healthcare facility
Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report since 1989.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, formerly known as Hospital for Joint Diseases, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital