Assistant Controller Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Bridgeton - 257 views
Job TitleAssistant ControllerPrimary LocationBridgeton, MissouriEmployee TypeEmployeeJob Description
Are you looking for an entry level position unlike any other? Being an Assistant Controller at Waste Connections means being involved in not only the accounting cycle but all aspects of the business. It also means not sitting at a cubicle all day! Waste Connections is a large, publicly-traded solid waste services company that provides non-hazardous waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and Canada. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, then Waste Connections might be the company for you.
Why join us?
- Tremendous opportunities for internal growth within the company
- Work hard, play harder culture
- Ability to work with incredibly smart, talented, hard-working, and fun people
- Compensation: $50k-$60k DOE & market + 10% bonus potential and company paid relocation package
- Hear what our current controllers have to say: (please use the apply button below)
Outside of typical accounting duties, Assistant Controllers at Waste Connections are involved in Operations, Sales, Customer Service, and more. Working with the other departments might include riding along with drivers and our sales team, or getting familiar with our billing system by sitting with a Customer Service Representative. As an Assistant Controller at Waste Connections, your success is dependent on your ability to understand the many facets of the business to be able to provide the necessary support of being a true business partner to the District Managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Relocation for advancement or promotional opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budgets, audits and system implantations.
- Support operations personnel with daily, weekly and monthly metric calculations
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to learn and a great work ethic
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
Current openings include positions in St. Louis but other locations may come open at any time. By applying to this position you will automatically be considered for all locations. Relocation is required as a condition of employment.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement and unlimited opportunities to 'Connect with Your Future'. For more information and to apply, please visit (please use the apply button below)
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Waste Connections Inc. is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
Our People Mean Everything to Us
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.