Applications Developer 2 - Data Developer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Saint Paul - 71 views
What you would do in this job
- Determine stakeholder requirements for data development.
- Design and develop efficient data solutions and databases.
- Data modeling and database normalization.
- Develop and enforce data integrity and referential integrity.
- Perform software development using various development methodologies.
- Create data solutions for data analysis, data warehousing, reporting, and analytics.
- Build and manage reports for data validation.
- Conduct capacity planning, feasibility studies, and analyze requirements.
- Troubleshoot database connectivity issues, network and application logic problems.
- Help perform the installation of data solutions in non-production environments.
- Build data integrations, ETL workflows and data pipelines between systems.
- May interact with application integrations such as APIs and Web Services.
- Help develop and maintain data standards and documentation.
- Help create best practices and procedures for managing data.
- Help manage database security and setup development and test environments.
- Innovate and leverage emerging technology and participate in strategic planning.
- Provide consulting services to business units within the Council.
What education and experience are required for this job (minimum qualifications)
A master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field AND one or more years of experience in the areas below
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field AND three or more years of experience in the areas below
An associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field AND five years of experience in the areas below
- Working with stakeholders to understand business needs and gather business requirements and technology teams to develop data solutions
- Database design and data modeling
- Building transactional databases, data marts and data warehouses
- Creating data integrations and building data pipelines between systems such as using ETL or other data movement tools
- Designing and building reports and data visualizations
- Working with SQL Server, Oracle and/or other similar database technologies
What additional skills and experience would be helpful in this job (desired qualifications):
- Experience with Application Integrations, APIs, Web Services, and Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS)
- Experience developing data solutions for the cloud
- BI Tools (i.e. report tools, data integrations) administration experience
What knowledge, skills and abilities you should have:
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and communicate relational and non-relational data
- Skills working with XML, JSON, or other semi-structured formats
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and/or Unix OS and related software
- General systems management and networking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and with a team
What you can expect from us:
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference and positively influence the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- We encourage our employees to develop their skills through on-site training and tuition reimbursement.
- We provide a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a good work/life balance.
More about why you should join us!
Union/Grade: American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees/Grade G
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Safety Sensitive: No
What your work environment would be:
You would perform your work in a standard office setting. Work may sometimes require travel between your primary work site and other sites.
What steps the recruitment process involves:
1. We review your minimum qualifications.
2. We rate your education and experience.
3. We conduct a structured panel interview.
4. We conduct a selection interview and assessment.
Once you have successfully completed the steps above, then:
If you are new to the Metropolitan Council , you must pass a drug test (safety sensitive positions only), and a background check which verifies education, employment, and criminal history. A driving record check and/or physical may be conducted if applicable to the job. If you have a criminal conviction, you do not automatically fail. The Metropolitan Council considers felony, gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor convictions on a case-by-case basis, based on whether they are related to the job and whether the candidate has demonstrated adequate rehabilitation.
If you are already an employee of the Metropolitan Council , you must pass a drug test (if moving from a non-safety sensitive position to a safety sensitive position) and criminal background check if the job you're applying for is safety sensitive, is a supervisory or management job, is in the Finance, Information Services, Audit, or Human Resources departments, or has access to financial records, files/databases, cash, vouchers or transit fare cards. A driving record check and/or physical may be conducted if applicable to the position.
IMPORTANT: If you make a false statement or withhold information, you may be barred from job consideration.
The Metropolitan Council is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and veteran-friendly employer. The Council is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the region and strongly encourages persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, women, and veterans to apply. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the selection process, please email (see application details) .
We believe our employees are a key to our agency's success! In order to attract and retain high quality employees, the Council provides a highly competitive benefits package both in choice and coverage levels. Some highlights about our benefits are listed below:
- Guaranteed monthly retirement income through Minnesota State Retirement System pension fund
- Opportunity to save additional funds for retirement on a tax-deferred basis through a voluntary deferred compensation (457) plan
- Two or more medical plans from which to choose, with employer contribution towards premiums over 80%
- Dental insurance, life insurance and vision insurance
The following benefits are provided to all employees as part of working for the Council. You will have access to free:
- Well@Work clinic
- bus/rail pass valued at over $1200 per year
- parking at many job locations
- fitness centers at many job locations
- Employee Assistance Program
- extensive health and wellness programs and resources
At the Council, your work matters. Our employees drive the buses, plan the parks, support development, treat wastewater, and plan for future growth — all services that help the Twin Cities and its residents thrive.