Application Specialist Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 weeks ago - Other categories - Chicago - 94 views
The Application support Analyst works independently and as part of the Application Support team to provide advanced technical and application support to all ELS employees at 400 properties located throughout the US.
This role handles support calls for application issues, as well as troubleshooting, testing and installing software systems, including upgrades and patches. The position requires collaboration with business users for system testing and troubleshooting, and a general understanding of business concepts and application software is essential. It is pertinent that this person develops and demonstrates mastery of ELS business functions, applications and technology.
They must exhibit strong communication skills in all customer and team interactions and offer exceptional customer support. This role will work closely with the Service Desk team to communicate system issues.
This position requires periodic evening and/or weekend work to provide production-down support or to implement upgrades to business systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides technical and administrative support for enterprise business systems.
- Responsible for understanding the business applications to diagnose problems and identify solutions
- Provides detailed and accurate ticket information for problems, requests and changes.
- Communicate effectively with both novice and proficient customers and end users
- Coordinate application-related support requests and serve as a liaison between users and in-house or vendor technical support
- Timely resolution of user requests and technology issues, including report creation and user administration for operations
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent ELS in all interactions
- Deliver instructions and training, for all supported software/applications
- Installs tested and approved enterprise software applications, enhancements, upgrades, service packs and patches to the production environment.
- Provide a higher level or support/advanced trouble shooting for application issues
- Configure, manage and support O365 accounts, groups and distribution lists
- Escalated troubleshooting of O365/Outlook client
- Run Analytic reports, create PowerShell scripts to invoke changes, and gather data from Office 365 product line
- Facilitates and performs QA Testing for application changes prior to deployment
- Monitor SQL Server backups, jobs, and error logs daily. Proactively monitor systems for performance issues.
- Perform ad-hoc report requests for data extracts using SQL Server.
- Engage with third-party software vendors to ensure issues are progressed and relevant information is provided for troubleshooting or clarifying issues.
- Work closely with other IT teams to resolve incidents as needed
- Participate in software selection or evaluation projects
- Available after hours and weekends for emergency (production-down) application support, or occasionally for pre-arranged software implementations.
- Analyze, test, suggest, and/or approve applications to be implemented in the environment
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through an outward display of willingness
- Act in the best interest of the overall team
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship within the IT and end user communities
- Create Knowledge Base articles to document problems and solutions
- Participate in the refinement and execution of IT and team initiatives
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4 year college degree with a focus on Information Technology
- A+ certification preferred
- ITIL v3 Foundations experience or certification valued
- 3-5 years of exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL server
- SQL skills are required, including understanding table structure, query writing and report generation.
- Experience with powershell scripting
- Experience supporting Windows 7 & 10, O365 portal administration, MS Office Suite, Sharepoint
- Experience supporting OS X and iOS
- User and security group administration through Active Directory
- Self-managed, motivated and team orientated
- Ability to follow tasks through to their completion with a high degree of accuracy and quality
- High attention to detail and the ability to work independently and/or lead initiatives, driving decisions, determining approach for deployment, testing and communications
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, identifying root cause and defining solutions to complex issues
- Experience with smartstream; dockmaster; reconnet; backoffice or other financial suites a plus
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at (please use the apply button below) for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Over the course of over 50 years in business, we have carefully grown our portfolio into a network of premier manufactured home communities, RV resorts, and campgrounds in the most desirable locations in the country. Today, Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. owns or has controlling interest in more than 400 communities and resorts in 33 states and British Columbia with more than 156,000 sites.