Application Engineer - Utility Sensors - Hubbell Site Flexible Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 weeks ago - Other categories - Columbia - 66 views
The Application Engineer, Utility Sensors is responsible for all aspects of our transmission, substation and distribution sensor products families and their associated applications, settings, and certification testing. This includes determining customer specific product requirements and system implementations. Position will work closely with product management, engineering, sales, as well as end customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in Hubbell’s transmission, substation, and distribution sensor product portfolio
- Work with sales, marketing, and product management to understand customer specifications and requirements for system applications.
- Develop subject matter expertise with respect to the overall solution and each product’s capabilities in the portfolio including application of products and their associated settings.
- Assist product management in developing Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirements Documents (PRDs).
- Assist with the planning and coordination of beta and pilot programs to support product testing that is compliant with the Hubbell Product Development Process.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and services.
- Support the development of marketing materials, product positioning documents, white papers, training documentation and trade show demonstrations for the assigned product portfolio. Participate in planning for trade shows and other industry conventions and events as needed.
- Support Voice of the Customer (VOC) activities by identifying application of existing and new product needs of the marketplace from customer interviews, market research, competitive understanding, and market trends.
- Support sales teams and channel partners through the development of presentations, demonstrations, and other materials. Train the customer facing teams on the product lines. Develop remote demonstrations to support sales efforts. Support the development of proposal responses. Attend approved sales meetings with customers to highlight solution value and perform system demonstrations to show the functional capability of the system.
- Support field installation questions using system knowledge and specialized analysis.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and services
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree)
- Minimum of five (5) years industry experience in power systems or grid automation.
- Advanced analytical skills demonstrated in the analysis and definition of complex systems
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and able to drive concepts to completion.
- Excellent organization, presentation, oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to effect constructive contributions from team members.
- Ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary functions (engineering, sales, operations, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Solid public speaking skills; able to present ideas, conclusions, and recommendations with clarity to diverse business audiences.
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Professional Engineer License
- Participation in industry meetings and technical societies.
- Electronic communication systems background.
- Electronic hardware and software development experience.
- Less than 50% travel.
- Team is headquartered in St. Louis, relocation strongly preferred, or travel as appropriate.
Education Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.