Application Analyst I - Health Information Management Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 weeks ago - Other categories - Berwyn - 89 views
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate Information Services Department is currently seeking a dynamic and talented Application Analyst I-Health Information Management Systems.
The Application Analyst I-Health Information Management Systems supports the implementation of UHS Health Information Management (HIM) related applications in a multi-entity, 20 plus acute care hospital environment, including but not limited to Cerner ProFile, Cerner ProVision Document Imaging (CPDI), Clinical Reporting, and Remote Report Distribution (RRD), as well as 3M Health Data Management (HDM) modules and an automated forms solution. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center.
Works with the HIM team members, Manager, and stakeholders to evaluate the design and determine modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed. Coordinates work assignments given in order to meet deadlines and ensure continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience and expertise with other members of the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Researches and resolves Customer Support Center Tickets including major application upgrades.
- Adheres to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provides on-call support as scheduled.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with user community.
- Regularly meets with users, vendors, and IS staff to develop/modify system specifications.
- Supports the implementations of applications and prepares the appropriate documentation and education materials.
- Performs system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle. Performs quality assurance on application functionality. Researches and resolves implementation-related Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Adheres to appropriate UHS Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management. Assists with training users for system operation and troubleshooting.
- Associate's degree required
- One or more years of experience in supporting HIM workflow and applications.
- Experience with Cerner ProFile, CPDI, Clinical Reporting and RRD preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HIM, registration, revenue cycle and associated clinical system applications implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Working knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, including: consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, education techniques, analysis, creation, testing, coding, debugging, or modification of computer systems or programs based on and related to user design specifications.
- Basic knowledge of IS standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Basic knowledge of project management methods. General familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
License or Registration Requirements: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Register Health Information Technician (RHIT) Preferred
Travel Requirements: Up to 40% domestic US travel (depending on projects).
- This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match Generous Paid Time Off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: (please use the apply button below) or 1-800-852-3449.
|apply nowapply now|