Animal Proteins Sales Specialist (remote work from home role preferably in the southeast U.S.) Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Louisville - 164 views
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The role of the Sales Specialist is to provide the company with consistent profits by effectively generating sales for the animal protein ingredients and to develop a sustainable business with acceptable margins as outlined by division and to promote growth, manage risk, and present opportunities for growth in the designated area.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Able to produce profitable sales in target areas for growth
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers in Latin America and the USA
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Promote company name/reputation in the marketplace
- Collect market information and gain comprehensive knowledge about the ingredients marketed
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines
- Work within defined position limits as well as established company policies
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to develop and communicate a strategy for their area of responsibility
- Manage key aspects for the execution of the business including, export logistics, International banking, import/export regulations, working Capital metrics as outlined by the company, annual budget preparation for the area of responsibility including expense management
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' work experience in Feed Sales, with a bachelor's degree in Business/Ag or another related discipline, and/or an appropriate combination of experience and education
- Capable of overnight business travel, including occasional travel by airplane
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with Customers, Suppliers, and Coworkers
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas
- Must be able to follow corporate direction and policies promoting excellence
- Must be assertive and able to accept rejection
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Service-oriented, quality-driven, and with a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Knowledge of industry markets
- General understanding of regulatory requirements in each country
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Work with Purchasing Manager to develop a customer base within assigned markets in the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America to achieve sales goals
- Work with Purchasing Manager to understand the products where Wilbur-Ellis would have a competitive advantage and market animal proteins to that customer base
- Market animal protein feed ingredients to existing customers and other markets as opportunities arise to increase sale opportunities and gross margins
- Assisting in gaining regulatory approval when needed in new markets and/or countries
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- All applicable company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Feed, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food, and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing, and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.