Android Mobile Developer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Hopkins - 2 views
As an Android Mobile Developer (Web Engineer II) at Shutterfly you’ll have an opportunity to work on innovative mobile projects that would impact tens of millions of people's lives. The team you would work with is small and agile, with talented people, who are proud of what they have built, yet eager to keep improving it for our customers. The team has released three mobile apps, Shutterfly for iPhone, Shutterfly for Android and Shutterfly for iPad, and all of them have received very positive reviews.
What You'll Do Here:
- Work with a UX/UI designer to achieve their goals in an iterative way and be involved in a discussion on what our customers really want to achieve.
- Collaborate with back-end developers to design/improve remote APIs to make the innovative design happen.
- Read users' reviews to gain better perspective for improvement.
The Skills You'll Bring
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated innovative thinker who cares for our customers' happiness, the quality of the app and the service, as well as the quality of the code.
- 3-5 years experience building Android applications that are available in the App Store
- Strong understanding of MVC pattern, and other object oriented patterns/concepts
- Demonstrated skills in writing high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
- Experience with version control (we use git)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (we are half-Agile, half-lean)
- Experience with remote API - mobile client interactions in a UI driven software development, and ability to design and optimize them
It is helpful, but not required to have
- Excellent communication skills
- Open source contributions
- User experience design skills
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado
Please see job description