Advanced Unity Mobile Developer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Seattle - 29 views
Are you passionate about building cutting edge, never-done-before Augmented Reality experiences on Niantic's Real World Platform? Niantic's AR team is seeking Software Engineers to build mobile, real-time, AR prototypes for iOS and Android. You will be the very first to have access to new AR capabilities from the R&D team, and will work on building demos and proofs of concept to ready them for prime time. Your work will advance Niantic's platform and games to the next generation of AR and wearable devices. It will also innovate techniques for game devbuilds to create engaging AR apps for a user base in the billions.
- Design and implement prototypes for Niantic's newest AR Real World Platform Unity APIs.
- Work closely with computer vision and R&D engineers to bring AR features to production.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Document your findings to guide developers through the best practices of using Niantic's AR Real World Platform.
- Build and extend Unity apps on the Niantic Real World Platform for users to explore the world and help build 3D maps of the world.
- Collaborate with AR backend engineers and researchers on technical designs for spatial queries, efficient client to server communication and high availability services.
- Architect solutions that become Niantic standards for features, services, and deployments of the platform.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience building 3D games or applications.
- Experience with Unity development.
- Experience with cross-platform development and low-compute, low-memory mobile systems.
- You can debug sophisticated projects built on Unity.
- You understand mobile app development, including app store requirements.
- Minimum of two years of AR/VR development experience.
- Experience with ARKit / ARCore.
- Experience working in a multi-person game studio.
- Experience with native development in C++ on mobile, embedded or console devices.
- Experience building native plugins in Unity or other game engines.
- Experience in UX Design / ergonomics.
- Experience building shaders.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokemon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
|apply nowapply no|