Admissions Representative - Admissions Advisor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Minneapolis - 126 views
The Online Admissions Advisor will leverage his/her passion for learning and experience to motivate individuals to move from thinking about to actually enrolling in one of Rasmussen's industry-leading, innovative and accredited online programs including: the School of Nursing, the School of Justice Studies, the School of Technology & Design, the School of Health Sciences, the School of Business and the School of Education. The Online Admissions Advisor sets the stage for the retention of career-oriented students and sets them on a path of long-term success.
- Act as first point of contact for prospective students considering enrolling at Rasmussen University
- Engage prospective students via telephone, email, click to chat and text messaging about their future with the goal of enrollment into Rasmussen University
- Demonstrate sensitivity and ability to effectively relate to and work with prospective students from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Conduct conversations with prospective students to assess needs, showcase the benefits of a Rasmussen University education, and facilitate enrollment into the University
- Mentor students from the application process through enrollment
- Demonstrate a high level of product/program knowledge thereby meeting specific student recruitment goals
- Manage and update computerized prospective student database, application paperwork, and follow-up documentation
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the University's programs, student services, and area colleges
- Create relationships that lead to growth opportunities through engaging local high schools, businesses and other members of the communities we serve
- Work effectively with co-workers as part of the student services team to ensure each student's experience with the University is professional, service-focused, and productive
- Support and contribute to Rasmussen's commitment to diversity and inclusion
The Online Admissions Advisor will report to the Director of Admissions and/or an Associate Director of Admissions. The Director of Admissions reports to the Assistant Vice President of Admissions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and one Saturday/month hours
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; Rasmussen will consider meaningful educational, work and/or military experience in exchange for degree requirements where appropriate
- Enthusiasm and passion for empowering others to succeed
- At least one year of consultative sales or customer service guiding individuals from thinking to doing using superior interpersonal skills and ethical approach
- Experience working with clients/customers representing multiple stages of life and diverse backgrounds/experiences
- Proven ability to achieve goals, influence others, and meet deadlines
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and in person at 23 campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and support its students every step of the way, from their first credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit (please use the apply button below).
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee's differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
If you are a passionate and motivated individual who is interested in a dynamic, team-oriented culture, please take a look at our current openings. Positions are available at our campuses in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, Kansas and Wisconsin, as well as at our central offices in Chicago, Orlando and the Twin Cities.