Administrative Assistant - Sepsis Alliance Bachelor's Degree Job8 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - San Diego Country Estates - 224 views
We are looking for a creative and dedicated professional to join our team as Administrative Assistant to help take our work to the next level. Working together with a passionate team of professionals and volunteers, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
Working with the operations and development teams in the San Diego office, the Administrative Assistant will play an important role in many areas of business.
Possess the skills to be effective in facilitating cooperation and teamwork and creating a positive work environment. Responsible for planning, communicating effectively with all company members, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating their own work. Exhibit effective judgment and decision-making skills and take action according to qualities such as open-mindedness, thoroughness, maturity and professionalism.
- Ensure efficient office operations to meet business needs, effective communication throughout the office, and smooth paper/electronic flow to meet project deadlines.
- Assist in developing and implementing systems, procedures and policies to improve workflow.
- Manage administrative assignments to ensure completion on schedule
- Provide internal and external deliverables in a professional and timely manner
- Answer telephone and take messages. Reply to emails in a timely and professional manner
- Receive, process, and distribute mail in a timely manner; ship via FedEx or UPS
- Schedule weekly operating and other meetings. Generate and distribute minutes when needed.
- Record donations, checks and deposits; implement process to track donations and tax receipts
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies for everyday operations; purchase office supplies
- Conduct research projects as directed
- Maintain systems/database
- Manage sepsis.org store inventory and orders
- Facilitate meeting scheduling as requested
- Implement donor stewardship plan with guidance from development team
- Make thank you phone calls as needed
- Support fundraising outreach and events when needed
- Social media and communications support as needed
- Assist board members on matters relating to business operations as requested
- Assist in planning and scheduling meetings
- Plan and coordinate travel as requested
- Maintain group calendaring
- Assist Board and accounting personnel in processing administrative matters such as travel receipts and reimbursements
- Provide miscellaneous assistance to board as requested
- Prepare presentations in support of E.D., staff and board
Experience and Qualifications:
- Computer savvy. Mac experience a plus
- Database experience– Salesforce preferred
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to maintain a sense of humor under stress
- Ability to manage positive relationships with board members, funders, staff, partners
- Ability to work independently, manage own projects and timelines
- Interest in learning new skills and ability to suggest new projects and process improvements
- Genuine interest in making change happen and doing some good in the world
- College degree with 1-3 years of experience a plus. Excellent writing and communication skills
- Education, experience or interest in not for profit management and/or healthcare a plus
Location: San Diego, CA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Health insurance and paid PTO.
Sepsis Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation: competitive based on experience
This is a full-time employee position and includes paid holidays, vacation, and a health insurance. Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Administrative Assistant." No phone calls, please.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Administrative Assistant."