Administrative Assistant / Receptionist High School Diploma Job10 months ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - Washington, D.C. - 263 views
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist position provides primary support to the corporate office, as well as general office support for the Administration staff and dedicated DowntownDC Foundation support. Communicates with management staff, guests and clients using a high degree of tact, professionalism, and discretion. Handles sensitive and confidential materials under direction. Carries out directives and established polices and completes assignments, with moderate supervision. Organizes daily work within established parameters.
- Project a dynamic first impression while greeting, engaging, and assisting guests during their visit to the corporate office
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and respond to questions for general information
- Ensure all guests are signed in and proper security protocol is followed
- Manage the day-today operations of the reception area and address visitor needs while waiting in the lobby (including providing beverages) creating an environment of hospitality
- Assist with clerical duties such as copying, emailing, faxing, filing, typing, and collating
- Manage conference room calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel itineraries and accommodations, manage calendars and complete expense reports through the expense management system
- Maintain office supplies & equipment
- Assist with new employee onboarding process, i.e. business cards, workstation preparation
- Submit maintenance requests and assist with related facilities management tasks
- Provide administrative support to the organization as needed, including special projects for executive management
- Support DowntownDC Foundation 6-10 hours per week with administrative assistance.
- Assist with conference/meeting arrangements as needed, including fulfilling meals and refreshments request, assist with room set-up, proper disposal of trash, leftover refreshments, dishes, and supplies.
- Perform office opening or closing procedures; includes wiping surfaces, changing waste baskets, setting up and putting away computer equipment,
- Perform related duties as assigned
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist reports directly to the BID’s Director of Administration.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Associates or Bachelor’s Degree welcomed
- A minimum two years’ experience in non-profit or comparable office environment required
- Must have strong skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Typing skills at a minimum of fifty words per minute required
- Experience using Outlook for email and calendar management
- Ability to use various types of office equipment, including multiline phone system.
- Requires high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable using internet function for research and other social media
- Experience using other automated tools for expense reporting or other applications
- Possess a solid work ethic, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment, and enjoy going beyond duties, doing whatever it takes to keep things running smoothly and efficiently
- Must be positive, professional, and reliable, with excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skill
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must be accurate, timely, and detail orientated with tasks
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Must be flexible if necessary, to work an adjusted shift to ensure front desk coverage is maintained
How to Apply
The salary range for this position is between $40-$45k based on experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Parker Roach, HR Manager at email@example.com
The DowntownDC BID offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a convenient location near the Metro Center and McPherson Square Metrorail stations.
The Downtown Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1275 K Street Northwest, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20005