Administrative Assistant - LOPC At Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Bachelor's Degree Job7 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Los Angeles - 253 views
Esperanza seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in our Esperanza’s Legal Orientation Program for Custodian of Unaccompanied Minors (LOPC) and its Call Center. The Administrative Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the LOPC Program Manager. The Administrative Assistant will also work on a team with attorneys, legal assistant, and paralegals to provide legal services to released youth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Data management, including data entry;
- Maintaining data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures;
- Verifying entered client biographical information by reviewing, correcting, etc.
- Maintaining client confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential.
- Performing general administrative duties, including filing, copying, note-taking, etc.;
- Managing high-volume phone line;
- Assisting with scheduling and calendaring for LOPC events;
- Working with clients and their families to schedule appointments;
- Preparing materials and copies for our legal orientations;
- Creating lists of participants for our classes and workshops.
- Referring individuals to other agencies when Esperanza cannot assist them;
- Properly maintaining client files;
- Assist with Administration of the Self-Help Center at the Immigration Court:
- Providing any other administrative work needed to support Esperanza’s programs.
- Associate Degree in related field, or 3-5 years of related experience (BA degree is a plus);
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to problem solve independently;
- Experience working at a non-profit organization preferred;
- Experience working in a legal office, especially with immigration;
- Experience working with vulnerable client populations, particularly with children, families, or clients with trauma history is a huge plus;
- Spanish language fluency is required and will be tested at time of interview;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work under pressure required;
- Willingness to be a team-player with an attitude and aptitude for collaboration;
- Strong verbal communication, phone and writing skills;
- Strong typing and computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Mail Merges, etc.
- Passion for social justice for immigrants and vulnerable communities required.
Catholic Charities offers a wide range of employee benefits to support the total wellness of its employees. Our competitive package provides the flexibility to select the benefits that best meets the employee’s needs. Benefits are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan to include 401a/employer contribution only and 403(b)
- Ways to protect your income (life, Accident, disability insurance, etc.)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care Spending Account Reimbursement accounts(HAS)
- Vacation days 12 days per year
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Sick time to include 10 days per year
- 12 holidays per year for regular f/t & p/t employees
- Employee Recognition - Annual Staff Appreciation Day Event
- Free Parking
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language fluency is required and will be tested at time of interview;
How to Apply
(1) firstname.lastname@example.org Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, and
(2) Mercedes Nunez Roldan, Program Manager for the Released Youth Program, Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project, Mnunezroldan@ccharities.org. In email subject line, please place your full name, and the position you are applying for. 1530 James M. Wood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015.
1530 James M Wood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015