Administration and Development Manager Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Seattle - 213 views
Sea Mar seeks a full time Administration and Development Manager to work out of its central Administration office in south Seattle. The Administration and Development Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Administration Department and researches, writes, and submits federal, state, city, private and corporate grant applications. The Administration and Development Manager coordinates individual giving requests, such as web donations and annual requests and is responsible for overseeing the details of Sea Mar’s annual fundraising events, including the two annual charity golf tournaments. This position oversees the function of the central Administration Department and supervises four executive assistants who are responsible for carrying out administrative duties.
· Supervises the central administrative staff responsible for checks and check requests, payroll authorization approval, travel reservations, event coordination, union grievances, contracts, executive administrative support, daily deposits, loan repayment program employment verifications and tracking, and records storage. This includes coordinating workflow among these employees and taking responsibility for the day-to-day functioning of the central administrative office.
· Collaborates with relevant departments and staff to complete grant reports and other documents, including but not limited to: program and grant invoices, narrative progress and final reports, and cost reports.
· Grows corporate giving program to build new community relationships.
· Investigates and pursues additional funding opportunities in conjunction with program managers and/or the Deputy Director.
· Researches, writes and submits private and corporate foundation grant applications including United Way and new funding sources for programmatic, general operating, project, and capital support.
· Oversees grant management for corporate and foundation funding.
· Assists Chief Compliance Officer with management of federal, state and city grants including progress reports, applications, change in scopes, etc.
· Ensures appropriate and timely acknowledgement and recognition donors and sponsors.
· Maintains records for organizational funders.
· Organizes and implements fundraising campaigns and projects.
· Manages the processing of donations and thank you letters and works with accounting staff to process gifts accurately.
· Coordinates the creation and maintenance of donor records.
· Helps grow sponsorship program to bring on new partners at Sea Mar’s agency-wide community events.
· Oversees details of Sea Mar’s two annual golf tournaments.
· Provides supervision and direction to staff and volunteers assisting with fundraising events, including the annual golf tournaments.
· Provide direction to staff from other departments managing their own grants. Write, edit, and/or proofread grant proposals drafted by program staff, and other administrative documents as needed, including annual reports.
Education and/or Qualifications:
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required.
· Experience in development and/or grant writing strongly preferred.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to compile, interpret, and utilize information; and to communicate effectively with people of all backgrounds and educational levels.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision, use good judgement, meet deadlines, and prioritize workloads. Must be well organized and have good attention to detail.
· Must have intermediate computer skills; database experience, especially Raiser’s Edge, a plus.
· Non-profit, and/or healthcare experience a plus.
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting from 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Must be fully fluent in spoken and written English; bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter when applying to this job announcement.