Accounts Executive - Smash Group Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Lagos - 353 views
Tasks and Responsibilities
Although the daily duties of an accountant will vary by position and organization, some of the most common tasks and responsibilities of accountants include:
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Preparing and maintaining important financial reports .
- Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best-practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently.
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization.
- Conducting forecasting and risk analysis assessments.
- Additionally, accountants have a legal obligation to act honestly and avoid negligence in their practices. As such, they are also responsible for ensuring that their clients’ financial records are compliant with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
There are several skills that all accountants need in order to be successful in their roles. Some of the most important skills for accountants are:
- Attention to Detail: Accounting professionals must pay strong attention to detail in order to be able to keep information accurate and organized. With the amount of financial data that must be analyzed, it can be easy to make mistakes; however, simple errors can translate into much larger problems if they are not caught.
- Business Acumen: To be effective in this role, an accountant must understand the basic functions of a business in order to accurately analyze and interpret financial data. Having a solid foundation in business provides context to the financial information that accountants work with on a daily basis.
- Computer Literacy: Professionals in this field need to be able to use advanced accounting software and other computer-based tools to work effectively.
- Analytical Skills: Collecting and analyzing financial data is a large part of accounting and is an important aspect of identifying patterns and potential issues. In fact, applying data analytics to the accounting field is an emerging trend in the industry that is expected to have a growing impact in the future.
- Communication Skills: Accountants must be able to listen carefully in order to accurately gather facts and figures from clients, managers, or other stakeholders. They must also be able to clearly articulate the results of their work and present their findings in written reports.
- Mathematical Skills: A common misconception is that you have to be good at math to be an accountant. It is true that math skills are important in order to analyze, compare, and interpret data and figures; however, complex mathematical skills are not typically necessary to become an accountant.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.