Accountant - Nationdelivery Nigeria Limited OND / NCE Job2020-08-11 10:11 Accounting / Financial Services Lagos 1.3K views
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting.
- This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The Accountant is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- The Accountant will have contact with senior-level Attorneys and the firm’s Executive Director and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- ND in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- One to two years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise, J.D. Edwards or other large automated accounting system a plus.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.