Accountant/Finance Manager - IBADAN, OYO STATE HND / BA / BSc Job2 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Ibadan - 358 views
As a Financial Accountant you are required to prepare,examine, and analyse financial reports and records. Preparing and submittingtax documents. Creating effective and cost-efficient financial practices andprocedures for business clients.
- Examine financial records and accounting statements for individual and business clients
- Check for compliance with local, state, and federal laws in all financial documents
- Collect tax-related documents and discuss financial status with clients
- Calculate taxes owed and prepare tax returns; submit tax returns on time and track payments or refunds
- Analyse accounting systems used by businesses to look for inaccuracies and potential improvements
- Create efficient methods for accounting and financial record-keeping and help business clients to implement them
- Work with business managers to assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements
- Attend meetings with individual and business clients
- Present findings or suggestions both in writing and verbally
- Understand and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation
- Disclose or report financial activities to government authorities as necessary
- Managing colleagues, workloads, and deadlines
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis
You can expect to work around 48 hours per week. The rolemay involve shift work and unsocial hours to make sure there's cover throughoutthe production process. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or tointroduce new systems. You could be on call at weekends or public holidays todeal with problems.
What to expect
- You may be based on one site but could also be responsible for operations in several locations, including sites abroad. You'll spend considerable amounts of time outside the factory meeting up with potential clients and delivering completed products to clients.
- Dress code is usually business casual, but you'll need to dress more formally when meeting suppliers, managers or businesspeople and clients.
- You may need to travel between sites during the day and spend time away from home.
Financial Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance,or a related field; certification as required by an employer or by law, such asa Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation; superior mathematical skills;analytical skills; advanced problem-solving skills; excellent attention todetail; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; interpersonal skills;communication skills, both written and verbal; public speaking skills;organisation skills; time-management skills; research skills; integrity;honesty; understanding of data privacy standards; familiarity with tax laws andtax preparation methods; in-depth knowledge of financial regulations andlegislation.
All our products are bespoke manufactured in our purpose-built production unit.
We produce almost any form of polythene packaging including, pallet covers, polythene bags, mailing film and much more.