Accountant / Bookkeeper at British Preparatory School HND / BA / BSc Job6 days ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Oyo - 81 views
Overview of the Role
- The Accountant is responsible for overseeing all the financial and accounting duties of the school; this includes accurate financial record keeping, receiving payments from parents, invoicing parents, processing expenditures, processing payroll, dealing with vendors, maintaining the asset and inventory registers of the school.
- She /he has to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping. Responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable and recovery is vital.
- The School Accountant is responsible for Organizing Handbook, and administering payroll and pension related functions.
- Assisting Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example LIRS, FIRS, etc
- Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
- Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, newstarter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
- Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerize finance accounting.
- In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinise and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
- Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
- Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Head of School
- Accountant with demonstrated experience in customer service account management is very pivotal to the job function.
- Must be Self Confident, Mature and well dressed
- Ability to evaluate, analyse and take critical decisions.
- The position also requires administrative and supervisory functions
Qualifications & Experience
- HND / B.Sc. in Accounting is required.
- Professional certification by a recognised institution such as ICAN or ACCA is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years' experience as an Accountant; 1 of which must be in an International School.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel, knowledge of an accounting software especially sage accounting is an added advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and attention to detail in a busy, changing work environment.
- Ability to plan and organize work schedule and work within tight timelines
- Must have integrity.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a Covering Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.