Account Manager - Story Corps Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - New York City - 92 views
ABOUT THE ROLE
StoryCorps’ Custom Services Department brings the magic of StoryCorps to partner organizations, through custom-designed, fee-for-service projects focused on recording, producing stories, and engagement. The primary service we provide is recording and archiving high-quality, facilitated StoryCorps conversations and producing co-branded audio stories with accompanying visual assets to support our partners in sharing the voices and stories of their communities through compelling personal narrative. The department partners with approximately 25 mission-aligned organizations a year. Recent partners include the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum, Innocence Project, Delta Air Lines, and more.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Engagement & Custom Services, the Account Manager will be responsible for independently managing a portfolio of high-profile client partnerships, and supporting the Director with new business development including fielding incoming business leads, managing initial phases of the sales process, executing on the department’s marketing plan, and drafting project proposals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with external clients to develop and execute logistics for all phases of up to 30 recording and production engagements (digital and onsite) each year
- Provide creative project management to ensure client goals are met. This includes: developing vision/strategy sessions; providing support and guidance to partners as they recruit and prepare participants for recording days; drafting custom “Great Questions Lists” for partners; providing recommendations as partners develop distribution strategies
- Ensure client project timelines are completed on-time or early
- Respond to web and phone inquiries about StoryCorps’ services
- Write dynamic and creative proposals that meet potential funder’s unique interests and goals
- Coordinate with Legal Affairs to draft and execute agreements
- Coordinate with Finance Department to draft, send, and pay invoices
- Work with various internal StoryCorps Departments (i.e., Marketing & Communications, Interview Collection, Digital, and Recording & Archive) to ensure the successful execution of Custom Services’ partnerships
- Update the Department’s customer relationship + project management systems (including Salesforce + Asana)
- Research and compile prospective client lists
- Perform other duties to support the Corporate Partnerships department, as assigned
- You have a minimum 4 years of professional experience in the nonprofit, creative agency, fundraising, sales, administration, and/or project management fields
- You have the ability to lead and manage multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders simultaneously
- You are no stranger to providing excellent customer service, and you’ve worked in a customer-facing role in the past
- You have a knack for sales and closing deals
- You are a results-driven, solutions-based, strategic thinker
- You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- You thrive when multitasking, have solid organization skills, and attention to detail
- You are proficient with Mac platforms, relationship management database software (Salesforce preferred), and project management systems (Asana preferred).
- You are flexible and adaptable to a growing, changing organization.
- You demonstrate cultural humility and thrive in a diverse working environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You are bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Experience in a sales capacity
- Experience writing persuasive and concise content
- Professional public speaking/presentation experience with large audiences
- Experience with digital audio editing and/or radio documentary production
How to Apply
To apply please submit resume, cover letter, and complete the application by following the link below: