Account Manager II - NY Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - White Plains - 134 views
The primary purpose of this position is to manage HVAC and light industrial accounts in the given territory. The primary responsibility is driving sales with SPX Cooling Technologies Evaporative Cooling Products for all applications via Package, Recold, Field Erected and Parts product families. Moreover, the candidate must develop and maintain strong relationships with mechanical contractors, design engineers and end users. The Sales Manager must also achieve booking/revenue/margin numbers and the quarters and the year. Furthermore, a clear sense of urgency and direction is also required.
- Responsible for assigned region and specific assigned major accounts in the greater New York metropolitan area
- Conduct executive level communication within both the account and SPX
- Work with the cross-functional sales team to maximize sales in the given accounts
- Establish relationships to move vertically and horizontally within an account
- Serve as product expert being able to solve routine product/systems issues
- Develop and clearly articulate account growth plans
- Contact and meet with customers to discuss all aspects of proposals and close opportunities
- Meet territory sales and standard margin goals
- Develop and cultivate customer relationships by meeting with customers, conducting presentations, and discussing existing projects
- Solicit and analyze customer feedback for product performance and value
- Develop competitive analyses and strategic positioning plans for each key account
- Provide expert product knowledge across all Evaporative Cooling product lines
- Building cross-functional relationships externally and internally to support accounts
- Meet territory sales and gross margin goals
PEOPLE LEADER COMPETENCIES
- Customer Focus
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Continuous Improvement
- Facilitating Change
- Building a Successful Team
- Building Trust
- Negotiation Skills/Conflict Resolution Effectiveness
- Planning and Organizing
- Delegating Responsibility
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Business Savvy / Vision / Gaining Commitment
- Bachelor's degree preferred, notably in Engineering or another technical field
- 6 - 10 years of experience in sales
- Knowledge of HVAC, cooling towers and/or chillers strongly desired
- Aftermarket or distributor sales (representative management) experience is helpful
CERTIFICATION/OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Driver's license and proof of insurance
- Willingness to travel at least 50 percent of the time
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally expected to climb up cooling towers for onsite inspections
- Ability to effectively read from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment with varying degrees of noise levels
- May work outside and may be exposed to bad weather, heat, and/or excessive noise
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.