Account Executive (2020 Cycle), Digital Organizing - M+R Bachelor's Degree Job7 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Boston - 196 views
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business in our Digital Organizing Practice Area.
When you come work with us, here’s what you’ll find:
Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work:
- We run innovative and strategic online advocacy, digital organizing, and electoral campaigns that build grassroots power and create lasting change. We work with progressive groups working on everything from economic justice to climate change to global poverty – think Planned Parenthood, NDWA/Families Belong Together, NRDC, big national unions, healthcare advocacy groups, and more. We work exclusively with outside groups, not candidate campaigns, because our goal is not just to win an election but to build long-term organizing muscle that can hold electeds accountable.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to drive the narrative, influence policy, hold corporations and politicians accountable, recruit activists, make the most of news moments, and leave no idea unconsidered that might get votes in the box. We have a particular expertise in developing new models to mobilize infrequent voters of color. We use every tool and tactic in the book, from social media to digital ads to broadcast and 1:1 SMS to virtual phone banks and relational organizing, integrating as tightly as possible with on-the-ground field organizing and media advocacy.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital organizing campaigns for clients.
- Maintain the client relationship by staying in close contact with clients throughout the day via email and phone, leading weekly check-in calls, and presenting at big strategy meetings.
- Serve as the overall project manager for our work with the client, making sure all deliverables are on time and managing up and down as necessary to get the work done.
- Research and identify how to use (or not use) new tools and technology to advance client goals.
- Oversee the many details involved in running and launching broadcast SMS efforts (using tools like Mobile Commons and Phone2Action), peer-to-peer texting (using tools like Hustle and ThruText), and email campaigns (using tools like EveryAction and Action Network).
- Distill SMS, email, web, advertising, and social campaign results into the important lessons that could change how a campaign performs.
- Train and work directly with client-side field staff, canvass vendors, peer-to-peer texting teams, and other volunteers.
- Help draft SMS, email, social, and web copy for your clients’ digital organizing campaigns.
- Review and/or create agendas, notes, calendars, and data reports for clients.
- Keep your teams running smoothly and make sure we’re giving the best possible service to our clients.
- Spearhead strategy documents such as campaign plans and wrap-up reports.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 3-5 years of organizing experience that includes using digital tools to engage and mobilize supporters.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job, including identifying, learning, and deploying new technologies to meet campaign goals.
- Experience managing peer-to-peer texting, broadcast SMS, and/or email programs.
- Ability to recognize which organizing strategies and tactics can, and can’t, move the needle for a particular campaign.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Understanding of messaging best practices for organizing across channels (SMS, email, social, websites, phonebanks, on the doors).
- Capability to crunch numbers in Excel and ability to interpret organizing and digital metrics and translate them into key takeaways.
- Ability to prioritize your time across projects that have varying complexity and competing deadlines.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Success delegating up and down to ensure top-notch work products.
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball.
- Demonstrated ability to craft meeting agendas to move projects forward.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self-awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that digital organizing plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines and always producing high-quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- You bring a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience organizing within marginalized communities.
- Track record supporting the professional development of junior staff and/or interns.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for digital advertising, social media, online fundraising, and/or media relations.
Salary, benefits, and some perks:
This position is a full-time, exempt, temporary position for the 2020 political cycle and will end on November 30, 2020 (with the possibility of an extension based on mutual interest and business needs). The salary is $4,875/month. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal leave;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- Professional development stipend;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The fine print:
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
- 1101 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC
- 11 Park Place, New York, NY
- 262 Washington St, Boston, MA
- 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
- 1275 East 6th St., Los Angeles, CA