Academic Coach at SFLK Resourcing HND / BA / BSc Job7 months ago - Other categories - Lagos - 327 views
Job Title: Academic Coach
- The Academic Coach is responsible for driving student learning. He / She collaborates with students and instructors to help students develop and achieve academic goals by cultivating good study habits, preparing them post-secondary exams, and evaluating student progress.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starting strategic thinker who demonstrates the spirit of creativity and resourcefulness that a high impact environment demands, and who focuses on both relationships and outcomes to accelerate results.
- He or she will possess or demonstrate the following: a growth mindset, self-motivation, positive energy, strong interpersonal skills, a service-oriented and team approach attitude to work, approachability, openness to new and divergent ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in an educational setting where children and adults are present.
- The Academic Coach must be able to work collaboratively with parents, students and academic officers. He or she must be able to empathize and persevere through tough and tense situations to deliver results
- The Academic Coach role is primarily to assist students with mapping their academic and extracurricular experience to their future goals.
- Understand the secondary school to university education pipeline in Nigeria and overseas, and assist students in developing a secondary school academic learning program consistent with their abilities and interests.
- Help students define and develop an up-to-date academic realistic educational career plans through schedule planning for each semester and summer school, if appropriate, through to graduation.
- Monitor progress toward educational/career goals and meet regularly to monitor progress toward completing the proposed academic program and to discuss grades and other performance indicators.
- Approve all designated educational transactions (eg. exams, change of subjects, waivers, graduation requirements, etc.)
- Counsels and guides students and parents towards successful university applications and placement in Nigeria and overseas.
- Ensures deadlines are met and work with teachers to write and upload strong letters of recommendation
- Assists student with standardized test registration and management
- Organizes and hosts college visits to campus and establishes strong relationships with college representatives and admissions officers
- Maintain an up-to-date Advising Portfolio, with a summary record of performance to date (grade reports, transcript, requirements completed, etc.), dates of meetings, notation of special circumstances, up-to-date information.
- Inform and, if necessary, refer students to other institutional resources when academic, attitudinal, attendance, or other personal problems require intervention by other professionals. (e.g. Academic Services, Personal Counseling, etc.)
- Build rapport with students
Education and Qualifications
- Candidates must hold at least a Bachelor's degree in any related field
- Experience as a college counsel, college admissions officer or other related experience is a must.
- Significant experience counseling and supporting students through the college selection, application, admission, and financial aid process.
- Excellent communication skills, supportive attitude, and passion for guiding and advising college bound students
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- A desire to help students succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, supportive attitude, and passion for guiding and advising college bound students.
- Ability to collaborate and build rapport with students
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to motivate students as they transition from high school to college.
- Leveraging student data in the tracking system to manage work, capture activity and coordinate with other teams, making continuous updates to the status and stage of various opportunities
- Create, maintain, and provide status reports across work efforts
- Competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- HMO provided.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter detailing their interest in and experience for this role to: email@example.com with the "Job title" as subject of the email.